According to the 2020 Small Business Profile report released by the Small Business Administration, the U.S. has 31.7 million small businesses. In fact, small businesses make up 99.9% of all U.S. businesses. Very small businesses, or VSBs, are companies with fewer than 20 employees, and these businesses currently employ around 20 million people in the U.S. We’ve found that VSBs face unique challenges that require creative tools and solutions. To help, we rounded up five ideal tools for very small businesses:
G Suite is known for Gmail, but in addition to email, it also provides shared calendars, file storage, and key admin controls for your organization’s users.
- What it offers: Email, calendar, cloud storage, office suite, and administration controls
- Price: $6 per user per month
- Upgrade options: Two additional tiers add more cloud storage capacity and enhanced security and administration options
If the price is too much for your budget, Google’s free apps make a great starting point, and if you later decide to purchase the extras that come with G Suite, you can keep your information from your free accounts for your business accounts.
Wave provides accounting software that’s flexible to fit your needs.
- What it offers: Invoicing and bookkeeping
- Price: Free
- Upgrade options: Paid option includes payroll, checkouts, and payments
If Wave’s product features don’t meet your needs, they offer individualized consulting from professionals in bookkeeping, taxes, and accounting.
Centralize and manage all of your email communications in ConvertKit.
- What it offers: Create and send emails, manage subscribers
- Price: Free
- Upgrade options: Paid option includes automation
As you grow, ConvertKit is able to grow with you. The free version of ConvertKit manages up to 1000 subscribers, but as your subscriber base grows, so does the monthly cost.
Square has long been the leader in accepting in person or online payments for small, independent businesses and creators.
- What it offers: Payments and online appointment booking
- Price: 2.6% + 10¢ for each payment
- Upgrade options: Paid options include payroll and loyalty programs
As a bonus, receive a free Square reader for magstripe when you sign-up for an account so you can easily collect payments in person from your smart phone or tablet.
Upgrade your entire visual brand with Canva’s templates, graphics, images for social media posts, company and product logos, customer presentations, and advertisements.
- What it offers: Design tools, image library, and the ability to share directly to social media from within Canva
- Price: Free
- Upgrade options: Paid option includes automation and a larger library of images
The options for SaaS applications can be easily overwhelming, but we hope these top five apps help enable your business. As a bonus, we recommend using Airstack to help you manage your SaaS tools.
With Airstack, small businesses can easily analyze and audit you’re their software spend and plan for the future with usage reporting.
- What it offers: SaaS subscription management, usage and cost reporting, digital workspace, password management, training videos, and the ability to customize resources for apps
- Price: $2 per user per month
- Upgrade options: Business tier offers a full featured meeting tool and enhanced security and administration options
Airstack supports a catalog of over 40,000 apps including our top five above. If your app isn’t already in Airstack’s catalog, you can easily add it to your workspace.
We know that very small businesses are consistently watching their spend very closely. To see how Airstack can help you, sign up for a free trial now.